About the role
We pride ourselves on delivering beautiful websites, apps, and solutions with inspired content and elegant user experience at the core, and Delivery Managers are the backbone of project success here at Great State.
You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of projects within our London team, from a quality, timing and commercial perspective. You will work closely with the clients, the Great State client relationship owners (Client Partner and Delivery Lead) and the wider internal, multidisciplinary teams.
Reporting to the Delivery Lead, you will ensure that your projects are properly scoped and planned, on track, utilising the most effective mix of skills and the most appropriate processes and tools. As the day-to-day contact with our clients, the Delivery Manager needs to exercise tact and diplomacy, and understand the clients’ issues and needs – while at the same time protecting the interests of the business.
You’ll also be joining us at an exciting time as we grow our London office and develop it as a hub of innovation and experimentation across the wider Great State company, and this role will be a real growth opportunity for the right person.
With a natural interest in creative and technological innovation, a highly-skilled team of experts around you and a healthy training plan, you will succeed in keeping our clients relevant in a connected world.
- 3+ years' experience of managing digital creative and technical development projects with budgets of £50k+, including website builds (and ideally across additional types of development projects)
- Digital agency experience desired
- Experience of the automotive or charity sectors advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering to different project management methods (agile and waterfall)
- Experience of managing multiple projects at one time
- Experience in estimating and planning resources, developing and managing budgets, and writing Statements of Work
- Strong client management experience
- Solid commercial acumen
- Ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and to have an objective-focused and positive approach
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to work with remote teams and clients
- Have a collaborative, supportive and team-based approach
- Excellent all-round communication skills – written and verbal
- Problem-solving, analytical, fair, and objective
- Charismatic and open personality
- Curious, passion for digital and the application of technology
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and solid experience of project management software and tools such as MS Project or Smartsheets
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
If you’re interested and think you’d be a great fit for the role, please apply now with an up-to-date CV. No agencies please.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.