Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom, London, England, United Kingdom
Great State seeks a Design Director to join our dynamic and ambitious team. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone from an Experience Design or Digital Art Direction background who wants to make a name for themselves as we grow into a world-class agency.
This is a new position, reflecting Great State’s aspiration to take our creative offering to the next level, through the delivery of outstanding digital customer experiences, ranging from content and apps to cutting edge innovation. Reporting into the Creative Director, you will be pivotal to the studio, working across a wide range of projects and clients – elevating and crafting our design work until it exceeds expectations.
You will have plenty of previous experience creating outstanding websites and digital products, design systems and content and have a strong agency background. Besides your portfolio, you will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be a champion for collaboration with UX, Planners, Developers, and other specialists.
The role is hybrid, with 2 days per week in our central Bristol office.
- Oversight and approval of the design output of the creative department
- Ensure every project has an inspiring and challenging brief
- Push our small team of designers, and assist the CD with growing the team
- Create and enhance digital brand guidelines
- Choose strategically important projects to focus on yourself
- Present internally and to clients
- Attend and chair resource and status meetings when the CD cannot attend
- Help the team achieve their objectives
- Communicate upwards, and down to the crew, effectively
- Assist with resourcing, and help maintain links with freelancers
- Develop design work for new business pitches
- Complete projects to deadline
- Be involved in discovery and design exploration phases
- You embrace innovation
- Naturally thoughtful – questioning why we are designing as well as what
- You are inspired by Gen Z behaviour and shifting trends and attitudes
- Work well with Strategists, UXers and Software Engineers
- A passion for design that drives you to stay on top of industry trends
- Comfortable with handling, adapting and optimising brand guidelines for the mobile age
- Experience of working on major brands
- A natural people person – you enjoy the communication required for a close-knit agency
- Real ambition to make us a thoroughbred, award-winning agency
- Enjoy the social aspect of agency life
As an independent agency, we will present you with the opportunity to make a difference, have a voice and be heard. You will be able to lead or be involved in initiatives outside your core role that are close to your heart, as we are involved in a variety of relationships and activities focusing on sustainability, diversity, equality and inclusivity, young talent, health and wellbeing and more.
“Building diversity into our team isn’t just important to us as people, it is business critical.
We design digital products and services for a diverse world, and so we want a diverse team who enable us to produce the best work for our clients. We don’t just celebrate differences; we want a team that is built upon them.
A team that represents all sexual orientations, ethnicities, faiths, and gender expressions. Every person is welcome at Great State and we offer the appropriate support throughout anyone’s journey with us.
Equally if you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation or our attention, then we want you on our team, and we actively encourage you to apply.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.