Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom, London, England, United Kingdom
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Lead Quality Assurance Engineer with plenty of experience of manual and automated testing to help drive, deliver and maintain high levels of quality across a large programme of exciting technical work.
We work with a wide range of clients – the Royal Navy, Honda, Orange and many other leading global brands – and an even wider range of technology.
This role is a great opportunity to get your teeth into an exciting, enterprise-level platform that we have built from scratch as part of a Europe-wide IoT system and help drive and deliver new features and functionality.
A Lead QA Engineer should be ambitious, passionate about quality, have an analytical mind, excellent communication skills and be confident in their own abilities. You will work in collaboration with colleagues across multiple lines of work, for worldwide recognised brands, to ensure quality measures are met and maintained. Your priority will be enabling the QA team to deliver across multiple projects and to drive quality at every stage od the SDLC.
You are required to be a self-driven individual who can organise your time effectively – within agile working practice - and demonstrate a flexible but methodical approach to both your work and the support of other members of the team.
From a technology point of view, we need you to be up to date with the following:
- Compatibility testing mobile devices and cross browser, using various testing tools and techniques
- Ability to identify risk from analysing requirements and stakeholder intent
- Test case creation and management using test case management tools
- Bug creation with thorough descriptions, including any technical detail
- Preparing, maintaining, and designing test documentation
- Good understanding of Performance and Load testing techniques and best practice
- Awareness of common SEO checks and services
- A passion for web Accessibility and ability to incorporate Accessibility checks into testing
- Test Automation experience, especially best practices, frameworks, and mentoring
- The capacity to be able to setup CI build tasks and an understanding of DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of Security testing following OWASP Top 10 recommendations
- Comfortable accessing and analysing error logs and other information gathering
Your responsibilities as a Lead QA Engineer are to:
- Develop the QA team’s capacity and ability through internal training, mentoring and insight
- Support QA Engineers by reviewing test cases and test plans/reports
- Help manage Test case / Issue tracking management tools and iterate processes around their use
- Develop and ensure compliance of agreed standards across the engineering department
- Identify and report defects at a “best practice” level
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Have the capability to analyse and understand application requirements and functionality
- Deliver estimates for projects, and work to improve the estimation process through continuous review
- Work in a timely manner under pressure, whilst maintaining both a high quality of work and support of other team members
- Learn and progress in expertise within appropriate QA disciplines
- Support the use of structured development and QA methodologies and processes
- Define, maintain, and develop test automation scripts to improve effectiveness
- Deliver exemplary accuracy in all reporting and record keeping
- Promote a ‘think outside the box’ mentality to problem solving, planning and implementation to ensure we deliver world-class platforms
- Work to continuously improve processes and procedures within both the QA team and the wider engineering department
- Recognise and report on emerging trends in software test and development and investigate their use within the agency
- Establish yourself as a trusted source of QA expertise within the agency
Tech aside, these characteristics are very important to us:
- Great problem solver
- Enthusiasm for what you do
- Be able to give and receive feedback with an open mind
- Passionate about the quality of the end product
- Have good awareness of industry trends, best practices and standards
- Adaptable at the pace of an agency
- Be able to take on the challenge of learning new tools and frameworks
- To own your place in the team and help to continuously improve the engineering team for everyone
We offer all the usual fun benefits associated with a digital agency plus flexible working hours, the ability to work from home and 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays. We welcome fresh opinions and strive for an inclusive environment.
“Building diversity into our team isn’t just important to us as people, it is business critical.
We design digital products and services for a diverse world, and so we want a diverse team who enable us to produce the best work for our clients.
We don’t just celebrate differences; we want a team that is built upon them. A team that represents all sexual orientations, ethnicities, faiths, and gender expressions. Every person is welcome at Great State and we offer the appropriate support throughout anyone’s journey with us.
Equally if you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation or our attention, then we want you on our team, and we actively encourage you to apply.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now. No agencies please.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.