Senior Delivery Manager - Fixed Term Contract
We're looking for a Senior Delivery Manager to join our Bristol team for a 12-month fixed term contract. Delivery Managers are the backbone of project success here at Great State. We pride ourselves on delivering beautiful websites, apps, and technology solutions with inspired content and elegant user experience at the core. We work with clients such as Honda, The Royal Navy, Adidas, and Unilever to transform their digital offerings and capabilities. You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, from a quality, timing and commercial perspective, and work closely with the client, the Great State client relationship owner (Client Partner or Delivery Lead) and the wider internal teams.
Reporting to one of our Delivery Leads, you will ensure that your projects are on track, utilising the most effective mix of skills and the most appropriate process and tools. As the day-to-day contact with our clients, the Delivery Manager needs to exercise tact and diplomacy, and understand the clients’ issues and needs – while at the same time protecting the interests of the business.
With a natural interest in technological innovation, a highly skilled team of experts around you and a healthy training plan, you will succeed in keeping our client brands relevant in a connected world.
- Coach multidisciplinary delivery teams to deliver projects and products and identify ways to improve project delivery
- Develop relationships with your clients and work collaboratively with the Great State London and Bristol teams
- Lead the collaborative planning process with the team and the client’s Product (or Project) Owner to define the roadmap and requirements for projects, and collaborate with the team to translate these into user stories which are clear and actionable to the team and client
- Create and develop commercial project scopes and Statements of Work, estimates and timelines
- Manage project commercials and financials following internal processes and governance, reporting and escalating risks
- Working with the AD or Delivery Lead, identify wider commercial opportunities – i.e. additional scope to the existing project or new opportunities that may come up in discussions with client
- Agree appropriate tools for managing the project delivery, team and communications (internally and with the client)
- Facilitate team ceremonies including stand-ups, planning, demos and retrospectives
- With the Production Manager, ensure that the correct capability and capacity are available for the team
- Understand technical approach, constraints, dependencies and risks
- Manage any third-party relationships and dependencies
- Ensure that all product deliveries are delivered to the appropriate level of quality, ensuring that the process is followed with regards to ISO compliance
- Actively participate in sharing and applying skills and knowledge to bring about best practice and innovation
- SC cleared preferred but not essential, although need to be clearable.
- Experience delivering to Government Digital Services principles is highly desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in delivering both agile and waterfall projects essential and ability to direct approach to solution delivery.
- Leadership and coaching skills.
- 4+ years’ experience managing digital development projects with budgets of £200k+, including website builds, app development (and ideally across additional types of creative and technical development projects).
- Experience in product development, as you’ll be liaising heavily with product teams and product owners.
- Strong experience of commercial management of project budgets including estimating/planning resources, developing/managing budgets, and writing relevant project documentation
- Skilled at managing internal and client stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes – agency experience is essential
- Strong all-round communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to think calmly, clearly and objectively to resolve challenges
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and solid experience of project management software and tools such as MS Project or Smartsheet
- Natural leader and facilitator who can encourage the team members to be the best they can be
- Charismatic and open personality
- “People” person
- Curious, passion for digital and the application of technology
- Ability to coach and support and not resort to top-down management techniques (team player)
- Problem-solving, analytical, fair, and objective
As Government restrictions allow, there will be travel required to the client's location once a week and a requirement to work in the Bristol office once a week at least. The remainder of the time can be remote.
If this role suits you down to a tee, apply now.
Great State is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.