We’re looking for someone whose real passion is content – in all its forms.
This is not a brand or media planning role (although this maybe your background), the role’s focus is on using insight and research to shape the right content, for use across a variety of digital products, channels and platforms.
This will range from shaping high-level comms strategies and planning campaign content, through to defining content for digital products (e.g. content rich websites/apps), or CRM communications.
Whilst the role will inevitably drift to the edge of creation, we are looking for someone to shape the brief rather than create the content.
As a result, collaboration is key to this role and you’ll be working closely with strategists, data/digital analysts, the creative team, technical architects, account/delivery teams as well as multiple client stakeholders.
We’d be looking for you to support across our full range of clients including, the Royal Navy, Honda Europe, Spirax Sarco, and Orange to name a few, as well as play a central role in acquiring new, equally, exciting clients.
We’d also be looking to you to help grow our reputation as an agency by regularly contributing to our thought leadership programme. As such you’ll have an opinion on all things digital and be comfortable sharing these across high profile platforms.
Great State is an ambitious independent digital agency of 85 and growing – with offices in both Bristol and London.
At the moment we have a hybrid model of work which is set to continue – combining remote working with being onsite as needed. This role can be affiliated with either our Bristol or London offices.
The role in detail
- You will be responsible for finding and presenting customer insights that inform briefs and strategies that will build measurable, logical and engaging customer content experiences
- Be able to sell in and justify briefs and strategies that challenge our clients (and our creative teams!)
- Work collaboratively with the experience and creative teams to craft outstanding content experiences to meet the brief
- Define objectives, KPI’s and measures of success, and work with analyst and tech teams to ensure these are measurable
- Translate analytics and performance reports into meaningful recommendations to optimise campaigns “on-the-fly” as well as creating insightful learnings to influence future strategies
- Recommend appropriate tools/frameworks to allow better planning, management and action tracking
- Work with clients to equip them with appropriate content skills required (if needed) to deliver against any strategies
- Manage/mentor junior members of the team
- Evangelise ‘content‘ within the agency and contribute to our external thought leadership programme
Who we think you are
We recruit from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, but there is a number of skills we are looking for in order to meet our perfect colleague:
- You’ll have 3-5 years agency experience producing effective content/campaign briefs, plans and strategies.
- You are someone who loves the craft of planning – getting to grips with consumers, culture and contextual influences. You are interested in human behaviour, culture and social trends, with an ability to turn data and your own research into the simple truths that inform your recommendations for the strategic direction of work.
- You’re keen to take on a broad content planning role and apply your skills to multiple different areas and digital channels (although we recognise you may not currently have experience of all those areas)
- Be a digital enthusiast with a proactive desire to keep well versed on new digital trends, user behaviour and technologies and how to best implement them to get results
- Have exceptional senior client handling skills - you’re believable and authoritative
- Be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and excels in fast-paced and changeable environments.
- Always have an opinion (but are able to express it ever-so-charmingly!), with excellent verbal and written communication – able to construct your views and opinions into a compelling argument
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.