Senior UX Designer
Great State is looking for a Senior UXer to join our family.
- You’ve got 3+ years of experience and would consider yourself a “solid senior” and a bit of a “UX generalist”.
- You’re adaptable and are as comfortable with a service design project as you are with interface design.
- You have a solid understanding of UX process. Maybe you worked on GDS projects but now want to deliver more interesting design work?
- You have experience across a variety of research techniques and can demonstrate how you’ve turned insight into game changing experience.
- You know auto-layout. You know tokens. In fact, you’re generally a whizz with Figma and have experience implementing design systems.
- You’re full of ideas and can demonstrate innovative thinking.
- You love to collaborate, want to be around people and are open-minded to other people’s ideas.
- You’re hungry for success, get satisfaction from great work - and you’ll go the extra mile to deliver it.
- You’re confident taking ownership of client accounts and project work.
- Ideally you have experience working in an agency and understand how to manage clients and conflicting priorities.
Working alongside our Head of UX, you’ll play a key role in delivering our award-winning work.
- You’ll bring your passion for getting it just right for users into the work – and through the whole studio.
- You’ll be responsible for leading the UX on our biggest projects. You’ll get to work on products that are used by thousands of people that makes a real difference.
- You’ll have a huge variety in what you work on – could be an app to operate an EV, could be a military project, could be an interesting interface for a website. You’ll enjoy the variety of work.
- You’ll work closely with strong creative and strategy teams. You’ll be solving some real strategic challenges and delivering interesting interfaces that will look fantastic in your portfolio.
- You’ll collaborate with clients to show the value a considered UX process can bring.
- You’ll guide mid-weights and juniors in their work to deliver digital experiences that are done right and really solve the users’ (and clients’) needs.
Skills and responsibilities
Collaborate with clients
- Work closely with our clients and client teams to understand their needs, their customers and help them to deliver better digital experiences.
- Sets out ways of working with clients and knows how to manage expectations.
- You know when we are boiling the ocean, or promising the moon on a stick, or using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, or when our metaphors are stretched too far.
- Sensible approach on where to spend our effort to give the maximum to end users and client businesses.
User centred design
You champion the user with everyone on the project. You know how to design and run research, you understand what the findings mean – and the implications on creating a great solution. More importantly, you know when to use your own judgement. You're not led solely by the data. You can devise smart new solutions and validate them too.
- Responsible for the vision, execution and final quality of large-scale projects.
- Map out and manage the tasks and ways of working to phase a project properly and bring it home smoothly, in collaboration with Delivery Managers, Tech Leads and Creatives.
- Day-to-day management of the UX tasks on one or more projects.
- Champion quality, with meticulous attention to detail and polished execution in the work.
- Maintain clean, organised and easy to understand project documentation and output.
- Design and lead workshops.
Build skills and Great State's culture
- Work with Head of UX on internal projects to improve how we work smarter and serve clients better.
Bonus – If you can do this too, you’re perfect for this role!
- Confident building design systems and governance Figma.
- Working knowledge of GDS, running discovery and transitioning into Alpha/Beta.
- Happy in building out Service design and drawing out Experience Maps.
- Making clickable prototypes to test out user journeys and show clients our thinking.
Please complete all fields unless stated as optional.