Great State has been innovating digital experience since 1997. We believe in the awesome power of technology to do great things for our clients and the wider world. We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic QA Engineer, who is ambitious and passionate about quality.
As a member of a growing and highly focussed QA team in Bristol, you'll collaborate with your work colleagues to ensure quality measures are met across multiple lines of work, for our enviable client roster.
Great State will provide you with the tools you need to get the job done, such as a high spec laptop and monitor, software, funds and time for training, a come-as-you-are dress code and most importantly high end coffee, biscuits and fruit.
You will join a growing, highly focused and passionate QA team and be expected to collaborate with
your work colleagues to ensure quality measures are met across multiple lines of work, for some
worldwide recognised brands.
- Understanding of Mobile device testing and cross browser testing process and test tools.
- An in-depth knowledge of Security testing following OWASP Top 10 recommendations. With an understanding security terms and definitions, XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection.
- Ability to help manage Test case / Issue tracking management tools.
- Preparing and maintaining test documentation, scripts and data in line with product functionality.
- Able to conduct Performance and Load testing for large scale projects.
- Proficient in SEO checks for large scale projects. E.g. Screaming Frog scans, SEO Quake, GTM Tagging and A/B Testing.
- The capacity to be able to setup CI build tasks and an understanding of DevOps, e.g. continuous feedback and testing earlier on (shifting left) testing concepts.
- A passion for web Accessibility and able to incorporate Accessibility checks into testing on projects. E.g. WCAG 2.1, using tools like WAVE, Axe Core.
- Ensuring compliance to agreed standards with guidance from team members e.g. W3C.
- Thorough knowledge of structured development and QA methodologies and processes.
- Identify and report defects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to quickly analyse and understand application requirements and functionality.
- Ability of working in a timely manner under pressure, whilst maintaining a high quality of work.
- Ensuring high quality and accuracy is maintained through to software release.
- The hunger to learn and progress in a desired expertise in QA.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of what it is like to work in an AGILE methodology – SCRUM, Kanban, DevOps.
- Comprehension of Security Testing Tools and some knowledge on Pen Testing, e.g. BurpSuite, OWASP ZAP.
- Confidence to analyse Error logs monitoring and information gathering – Event viewer, ELMAH, Get Sentry, Log Entries.
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces and/or of data driven, back-end testing.
- Experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced testers.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short cover letter. If you'd prefer a more informal conversation in the first instance, please get in touch using the same email address.